Sep 27, 2011

The piano and my handicap

One of my passion when I was young was playing the Piano. It was my dream to learn it and become a pianist. I didn't know you had to have good and strong hands and arms to do that. MY piano lessons ended after a year. I discovered I couldn't stretch my arm far enough to do a roll and play the keys at both ends of the piano. It was very frustrating nevertheless I still learned to read notes and play a few pieces.

Unfortunately, our piano has been out of tune for ages now so here I am on our keyboard (set to piano) playing the only piece i still know how to do - Vincent" by Don Mclean. Notice my left hand fingers not bending and stiff? Part of the deformity I got from my paralysis. I haven't played in a long time so excuse the few fumbles.


No comments: